Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Digging Out and Looking Forward in 2022 - 10 years of blogging

Recently I spoke for the first time since February 2020 to a live audience. It was surreal to walk into a library with my mask on and instruct a group of people all masked and socially distanced. But, that is our new normal in the age of COVID. Online is wonderful, but it can be very isolating. 

Other things have changed as well, and believe it or not, I am still adjusting even after two years. This is one reason I have come back to my blog. The deep depression I have been in from losing loved ones, friends, and colleagues to this disease cut me to the core. It was hard to communicate let alone go on as normal. 

Throw in starting my Ph.D., one child in college, my husband going back to school, helping my other child with high school, and caring for my father I have been living on caffeine and a prayer. I know many of you can relate! How do I do it, is a question I am asked often. However, when you do not know any difference you make it happen. 

So, it was no surprise to me that as the 10th anniversary of my blog loomed last December I had nothing to say. I do have ten drafts of blog posts sitting on my computer, but pushing the publish button was difficult. This leads me to today.

I need to read, write, teach, and publish more. That starts here. Plus, I'd love to hear from you. Anything you'd like to know more about from a lecture I have presented? Curious about a story I've posted here? Let me know. Send me a message through my contact form. 

Let's make the next 10 years amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment