Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Year 2, PGDip here I come

On Friday I start back to school for my 2nd year in the Strathclyde 3 year MSc program.  I have been on pins and needles waiting impatiently for it to start back up again.  So, yes this your warning...I am going to go dark for months on end as I tackle another year of graduate school.

That being said I still think that this was one of the better things I decided to do.  Yes, the first year was very hard for me.  Simply because I had to educate myself more on record sets that I did not grow up with.  Literally and in the genealogical world.  I studied hard, I read a lot, and I passed.

Over the last year people have asked me my thoughts on the whole program and I am always honest with them.  It is also not like any other genealogy course I have taken from anywhere on line.  I think those who struggle are not truly expecting a rigorous graduate level course.

As an online class I was very nervous about keeping up and really learning about the subjects I needed to learn.  If you don't know I am a bit of a distracted person.  It happens easily and for no reason.  Constant mind wandering to say the least.  If you are like this a strict schedule and routine for an online course is key.  Or at least it was for me.  I had weekly dates with the local library and my neighborhood coffee shop as my "class" time.  Just like I was attending classes in person.

I have heard that this 2nd year will try my patience and organization skills.  Guess I will find out on Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment