Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Kicking Off Family History Month

Image from the Library of Congress
Hey look!  It’s a blog, I wonder where you have been hiding.  Oh, I know…under a pile of deadlines.  Yeah, sorry about that everyone.  To say that it was a crazy September would be an understatement.  I am really ready for October to start.  Yay Family History month!!!

That is right everyone.  In case you forgot, October, in the U.S., is National Family History month.  To help celebrate it, and make myself get back on the ole’ blogging horse, I am kicking off the month with this post.  Plus, a whole bunch more.  Oh and a contest!  You will have to wait until next week to hear about that one. Hehehe.

Another way you can celebrate Family History month, besides reading blogs like mine, is through this website by the National Park Service called Celebrate Family History.  It has links to great lesson plans if you are a teacher, places to visit around the country, and activities to do with the whole family.  Really a great resource if you have not seen it before.

I hope you will be taking advantage of all the wonderful things that are usually done this month in the genealogy community.  Keep your eyes open for the announcement.  As I see them I will pass them on here or over at my Twitter account.

My biggest announcement is that I was selected to be a RootsTech Ambassador!  My plane and hotel are booked.  I am registered.  The reserch days at the FHL are being planned.  Really, this is going to be a wonderful time, again, and the best part is I get to bring you all a lot of information to help you prepare.  Remember, while it is awesome to attend in person, you can also do live streaming of videos.  Of course, if you will be there in person you should swing by the IDG booth and visit with me.  Or heck stop me in the hall or classrooms.  I love putting faces with names.

Hope you are ready for some great information and of course lots of fun.  Which, I am going to do my darndest to keep up with.  I really have missed writing to you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment