Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Speaking during the month of cotober

Fall and pumpkin-spiced everything is in the air.  While I prefer apple cider, I am very happy that fall is here.  It means that I feel the need to educate!  That is right, I am ready to read about stuff want to learn, but I am also excited to be speaking with many groups of people this month.  Below are the places I will be presenting at over the next month and I hope you will come out and join me!  Make sure to say hi if you do.  I love when I can put a name with a face.

This coming Wednesday 7 October I am presenting a webinar titled "Engaging the Next Generation" to the Minnesota Genealogical Society.  It is my first time speaking with this group and I am super excited to do so.  They seem like a great bunch of people and I am happy to be participating in their first year of webinars.

I will be spending the morning of Saturday, October 10th with my local society, the Fredericksburg Regional Genealogical Society,  for their Fall Lecture Series.  There I will present 2 lectures, "Tips and Tricks to using FamilySearch.org" and "Introduction to DNA Testing for Genealogy.”  Registration is required and snacks will be provided so please check out the website if you are interested in attending.

In the vein of helping out local groups, I am assisting a local Daughters of the American Revolution Chapter with their Beginning Genealogy Workshop on 14 October 2015. I will admit this is my first all day workshop so I am more than a bit nervous.  Registration closed on the 2nd, however, if you message me ‘cause you really want to come I can see if there is room still available. 

I end the month where I began it with another lecture on the topic of "Engaging the Next Generation."  This will be on October 21st for the Shenandoah Valley Genealogical Society (SVGS) in Winchester, VA.  If you can’t see a theme yet I do have a couple passions in my line of work.  One of them is making sure we actively engage, promote, and sustain the youth in our community.  That, by the way, is a blog post in of itself coming your way later this month.

Ok everyone, I am off to batten down the hatches and hope that the hurricane doesn’t hit us too hard here in the metro DC area.  Yay, hurricane season!  

No comments:

Post a Comment