Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy 2nd Blogoversary!

Well, it’s been 2 years.  Wow is about all I have to say to that!  I wasn’t sure this blog thing would last 6 months to be honest with you, but here I am, still chugging away. 

It has been an amazing 2 years though.  So many discoveries, so many new cousins, plus the opportunities in my newly developing professional life, and of course all of you.  Whoever “you” are, thanks.  This little blog wouldn’t be going if it wasn’t for your support no matter how small it may seem.  Keep on reading and letting me know your thoughts.

Last year I wrote a list of goals that I wanted to accomplish before my next anniversary.  You can read the post here but in short these were my goals:

ü  Finalize and submit all paperwork to the DAR as well as the GSMD for me and my husband.
ü  Continue to write and work towards further publication opportunities.
ü  Research the possibilities for certification.
ü  Attend one national conference.

Believe it or not I did all but one.  This year I started writing for the In-Depth Genealogist as well as doing a couple guest blogs here and there.  I did research certification possibilities and enrolled in the Boston University online program to help with that.  My one national conference was FGSin Fort Wayne this past August.  I did submit, and was accepted to the DAR.  The GSMD on the other hand, I am still waiting on my final okay (8 months and counting) plus I am at the mercy of my mother-in-law for my husband’s information.  What can you do?

This year, I am going to be a bit more ambitious with my goals.  I would like to:
·         Work on writing my grandfather’s WWII story.
·         Find more lecturing opportunities.
·         Scan and organize all my pictures and documents.

It is a small list, but I have a feeling looks can be deceiving.  Keep your fingers crossed for me and look out for the update posts.


Since it is also Thanksgiving here in the US I think I will put 2 candles in my pumpkin pie and wish for an amazing third year!  There is a lot in the works for the coming year, stay tuned…



4 comments: