Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, June 22, 2012

Week 24 of Abundant Genealogy

Week 24: Genealogy Events: When it comes to genealogy events, our cup runneth over lately. There are so many fabulous family history events being held across the globe. For which one are you most grateful? Is it an annual event or a one-time thrill? Who runs the event? Why is it special?

I have to admit that I love the Virtual Conference that is run by Family Tree University.  As a busy stay at home mom, with no family in the area, it is near impossible to go anywhere.  Well, not without a lot of advanced planning and a really understanding babysitter.  (I lost our last one after the NARA Genealogy Fair due to late trains and commuting issues.)

This is a conference I can attend in my jammies.  If I have a birthday party that I need to take a child to, I can get a way for a bit.  Need to tend to a family emergency, not a problem.  All the classes are pre-recorded so I can attend them, and download them, when I make the time.  Chats are scheduled and you can meet the most amazing people!  It was such an amazing experience!

Perhaps I will "see" you at the next conference!


photo credit: ~Aphrodite via photo pin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment