Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, June 22, 2012

Tetering on the edge: next FTF post is up

My next post for Family Tree Firsts up.  You can read it here.

I am sure everyone out there can relate to this feeling.  It may not have happened during a genealogy related experience, but perhaps because of a new job, starting school, or even moving to a new area.  Few people can admit to never getting nervous knots or having that what-have-I-got-myself-into feeling.  You are truly lucky, or blissfully unaware, if you haven't.

In the past month or so I can say that I have begun to get my feet truly under me in the genealogy community.  I can now read articles and understand the jargon without reaching for a dictionary.  The next step, whatever that may be, is looming around the corner.  For me I think it may be deciding if I want to dedicate my next career to this. 

My boys will both be in school this year.  For the first time in 12 years I will not have a child under foot during the day.  When will there be a better time to explore my options in taking this project to another level.  Whether that be doing more research, write a book, volunteer, or become a professional. 

Lots to ponder.  Do you have any advice for me?  Have you ever felt like you were perched on the edge of the pool?  If so, how did you overcome it?

See you in the water!

*Image from the Library of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment