Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Part three is up at FTF

File:Consanguinitet.jpgThe last in the series on genetic testing is up at Family Tree Firsts.  You can read it here.

Still pretty bummed about the results, it was very promising.  However, like I said in the article, the results are out there we just have to wait for someone in a branch of our line to take the tests themselves.  My parents were gone for the last 2 weeks so I just told them yesterday about the results.  Dad was disappointed too, and told me that this seems like a lot of headache for me... why did I want to go through all the anyway?  Well, you see, now it is a challenge.  Sometimes, I just can't back away from a challenge!

At this point I have to go back to research the old fashioned way.  Keep plodding along trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together and find out who Charles's parents were and where in Virginia he came from.  There are many Combs families in Virginia, I just have to figure out which one he fits into.  Sometimes I wish a Combs cousin would fall out of the ether and give me that little piece of information that I need.  Hey, I can wish!  It has happened with a couple other lines...

*Image from wikicommons: L'arbre de consanguinité, Somme rurale de Jean Boutillier

No comments:

Post a Comment