Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

NARA 8th Annual Genealogy Fair

I have secured a sitter, and I will be attending my first in person genealogy conference type activity.  The National Archives 8th Annual Genealogy Fair.  To say I am over the moon giddy with excitement is putting it mildly.

If you are in the DC area those two days I hope you will join me.  It is free, and will be held outside on the grounds of the National Archives.  The condensed schedule has been recently published too, so make sure you check it out.  I wish my son could ditch school and go with me on the first day.  He has read a lot about the Titanic, and there will be a lecture on it for the centennial.  May have to go and then tell him all about it.  That would earn me mom brownie points!

Bonus:  There will be presentations on the 1940 US Census too.  Hear all about the exciting release of the next US Census!

NARA has partnered with the Foundation for the National Archives and had additional support from Ancestry.com to bring this opportunity to all who are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment