Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

1940 census Website

I am catching up on a weeks worth of reading over my tea this morning.  This is what happens when you are have repairs done to your house that force you to live out of your bedroom for a week.  To say I am a bit behind is an understatement. 

Starting with the newest posts on my Google Reader, I saw an announcement from NARA about the upcoming website for the 1940 census.  They are getting us ready for the release by having daily lectures and announcements about it too.  Make sure to check out the NARA site frequently over the next month!

If you haven't seen the video from Family Search "I'm in it" you can see it here.  This makes me very excited, as this will be the first census my father is in.  I have to wait 20 more years for a census that contains my mother, and another 20 for a census that contains my husband and me.  History is catching up to the living quickly.

*Image: Auntie P via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment