Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, February 27, 2020

RootsTech London Bound, tips you should think about

The ExCel area looking up the Thames
to London. Oct 2019, by Author

I was at RootsTech London in October 2020, and I loved it. However, I have heard people in the expo hall stating, “how in the world would they get there?” Well, let me give you some ideas that helped me get there, which saved me time and money.

Airport to London: Fly into London City Airport. Do everything you can do fly into here. It is across the street from the ExCel! Plus, it was less than £5 to take a cab across the river to my hotel. Convenient, quick, and you do not have to deal with London traffic or the Tube. 

Airline: I love, love, love flying Aer Lingus. Unfortunately, they do not go to every city in the US, but for a discount overseas airlines, they are great. If they fly to your area, check them out.

The Dublin Secret: There are 16 airports in the world where you can clear US customs in that country. Dublin is one of these airports.  What does that mean for you? Well, you fly back to the US on a domestic flight and do not have to clear customs when you land, which can be a nightmare. I love flying for 5+ hours, walking off the plane, getting my bags, and heading home. For me, it means cutting out the 3+ hours of standing in line here in the US after a long flight.

Well, there are a few things you can think about for the time being. Maybe one of these will help you make your London dream come true. I will have more tips in the weeks ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment