Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Goal Setting 2020


Happy New Year!! 

Hopefully, you all had a great evening and are ready to start 2020 on an upswing. I did, and I am certainly prepared to get into a new year of genealogy finds.

When I started this blog in November 2011, I honestly had no idea where I would go and how my life would change. Not just a little, but a lot.

For those who were not around in the beginning, I started this blog to journal my finds, experiences, and dreams. I was a brand-new genealogical researcher and was so excited about what I was doing that I wanted to share it with the world.  I had no idea eight years later, I would be a professional with a master’s degree.

I am frequently asked, “what’s next?”

Honestly, I do not know. Right now, I am adjusting to life after three years of schoolwork and slowly retaking clients. I am also looking at speaking more and writing more. There are so many ideas in my head that it is hard to organize them and put words on paper.

With these things in mind, here are my BIG goals for 2020:
  • Finish the Mott Family Letters digitization and transcription project (my Master’s Thesis was on this collection, and now I am obsessed with completing it!)
  • Personal digitization of family files and photographs (needs completed)
  • Write at least twice a week on this blog to keep you all up to date on what’s going on in genealogy
  • Submit proposals to speak at three new to me conferences
  • Focus and create a draft for a new book…



No comments:

Post a Comment