Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

2017 Benjamin Franklin Awards Finalist

I am so happy to announce some very exciting news. My book Genealogy Basics in 30 Minutes has been named a finalist in the 2017 Benjamin Franklin Awards competition in the Craft & Hobby category.  To say I was gobsmacked when I got the email from my editor was an understatement.  

My editor from In 30 Minutes described it as the "Oscars of the independent book world."  From what I understand there is one gold winner (who receives the nifty crystal trophy too) and the other finalists are silver winners.  This means I am now officially an award winning author.  Yeah, that is still sinking in too.

On April 7th at the awards dinner in Portland, OR I will find out if I won the top prize. My flight and hotel are booked. My best friend is attending with me since my husband and kids will be holding down the beach (it is their spring break). Now all I have to do is figure out what to wear!


1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful news! Congratulations and I hope you win gold.

    ReplyDelete