Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

NGS Conference 1 week and counting


One week.  One week from today and I will be on a plane to the National Genealogical Society’s conference in St. Charles, MO.  Where did all my planning time go?!

Honestly, I thought I had plenty of time but it seems deadlines, work and other volunteer commitments whittled my spare time to plan away.  Now I am frantically trying to lay out a plan for pre-conference research and what I want to do while I am at the conference.  My spread-sheet is currently blank but it will not be for long!

If you are in the same predicament as I am I hope you have at least been reading the NGS Conference blog.  It contains a wealth of information from exhibitor profiles to local flare.  Really anything you need to make sure you are an amazing trip.

Below are a few highlighted posts you will want to check out.  Of course, this is just a few items from a very long list of blog posts.  I encourage you to go and peruse that site.  You will discover many important pieces of information about the conference.

Airport Shuttle: There is a special rate for NGS attendees but hurry because the offer is only good on reservations made through May 7th!

Conference App:  For those of you who like to be paperless, or just like the convenience, the mobile app for the conference is up and running.  Make sure you have it downloaded and ready to go before you leave!

Convention Center:  I like maps, and this post has a great map to help you pre-navigate the convention center.  It also has information about the center itself and a link to a virtual tour of the site.

Local Attractions: Need to get out of the hotel for a while?  Well, St. Louis has some great sites.  Check out this list for other things to do besides research…if you have the time.

Repositories: There is a large list of local and distant area repositories that conference goers may be interested in.  This list hits major facilities that have collections on items of interest to those with Missouri ancestors. 


Wi-Fi: Of course, in the 21st century, knowing about internet connections can be crucial.  Information on the conference Wi-Fi can be found on this post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment