Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, April 23, 2015

NGS Social Media and Live Streaming

I like being busy.  Really, I do.  Yes, it can be stressing and overwhelming at times, but there is always a great sense of accomplishment when I get to check items off of the to-do lists.  Then I take a look at my calendar.  Wow, just over 2 weeks until I leave for NGS in St. Charles.  I had better get cracking on all the stuff I need to do in preparation!  All I can say is thank goodness for social media and online planners.

Below are 2 things that I think you out there in genealogy cyberspace need to know about especially if you can’t make it in person to the conference.  I think it is great that NGS is making it possible for those of you who are staying home to participate too. Check these out and see if you can make them work for you.

Don’t miss out on the live streaming sessions.  Hurry though, registration for these presentations ends on April 29th at midnight.  When you register you will also receive an electronic syllabus too.  Oh, and if you are an NGS member you get a discounted members price!  There are 2 tracks you can choose to stream.  Pick one of them or both of them whatever works in your schedule better.  Videos will be available to 90 days after the conference ends (August 16th!) so if something happens at the last minute and you can’t watch it live don’t worry.  Just come back when you can and jump on in!

Social media is always a big thing at these conferences.  Do you know the official hashtag to follow?  For the 2015 NGS conference it is #NGS2015GEN.  Follow it on your favorite social media outlets for live updates and ongoing conference information.

I will be live tweeting again as long as I have a signal.  It’s always so much fun to do that and to read what other people are thinking or saying.  Especially when you are in the same lecture!  Which means follow the conference and then follow me so you can see what I am up to plus my thoughts on lectures, the conference and what fun things I am doing in general.  If you are not already following my twitter account never fear.  Posts are also copied to my TNT Facebook Page as well. 

Let the countdown begin…


19 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment