Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, February 7, 2015

I'm going to rootstech, wish me luck

Well, it is that time of year again when genealogists flock to Salt Lake City for RootsTech.  As I am sure you are aware FGS has joined them this year making it one huge event with estimates of nearly 10,000 people in attendance over the 5 days.  Wow is about all I have to say.

This is the first year that I am able to attend.  No sitting at my computer watching the live streaming videos longing to be there too.  Now I will be able to see, hear and experience what an amazing conference this is going to be.

Whether you are going or will be a participant at home, you can keep up with all my wacky adventures through social media.  I will be live tweeting as much as I can plus putting tid-bits on this blog as well.  Make sure you follow me on Twitter @tntfamhist!

If you are going please stop by and say hi to me in the exhibitors hall!  I am splitting my time between 2 booths: The In-Depth Genealogist (1533) and the National Institute for Genealogical Studies (129).  I will also be at all of the evening socials so if you spot me come on over and say hi.
The most exciting thing though is I am signing my books and answering questions on Friday from 1:30-2:30 at the In-Depth Genealogist booth. Bring your Richmond or DC guides with you for me to sign.  If you don’t have one don’t worry! We will have copies at the booth for purchase. 

Finally I am making videos there too!  If you are getting in early and want to be part of a live taping of The In-Depth Genealogists “Chit-Chat Live” we will be taping at the Family History Library on Wednesday from 1-2:30.  Come join us and get involved with talking about that week’s Genealogy Roadshow episode!  Of course, if you have never seen Chit-Chat before, check it out here on our YouTube Channel.

Well, I am going back to packing and trying to work on what I will look at first at the Family History Library!  Wish me luck, ‘cause I think I am going to need it…

No comments:

Post a Comment