Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Education opportunities at the NEHGS


There are a variety of free education opportunities out there for all level of genealogists.  I mean, a lot, if you look in the right places.  For instances, did you know about the online learning center on the New England Historic and Genealogical Society (NEHGS)?  If this is news to you run, don’t walk, to your computer and check this out.
Yesterday I attended a free online webinar from NEHGS on TenSteps for Writing and Publishing Your Family History presented by Penny Stratton.  I found it when I was cleaning out my mailbox a few days before (yes, I on occasion let things pile up) and thought it might be a great lecture since I keep toying with publishing my family stories.  At the end she mentioned the link to the other resources on the website. 


Yes, I am guilty of not checking out the new NEHGS website recently.  However, if you have read this blog before, you know that I was very busy over the last few months.  Boy I have missed a great resource.  Something that I will need to correct in the near future. 

You have the choice of watching recorded webinars, download templates, or read a variety of articles.  There is a newsletter you can subscribe to so you know what is coming up.  In fact, there are a series of online classes that are starting up for a relatively low fee. 

Needless to say I now have a new to-do list on my education checklist.  I will be watching, and attending, more of these in the future.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment