Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Week 52 of Abundant Genealogy

Week 52: Personal Genealogy Website. For which private genealogy website are you most grateful? Who runs the site? How has it helped your family history research? Share the link to the site as well as its highlights as a way to say thanks to those behind the scenes.

The end of this writing prompt series has once again asked a question on a really thought provoking topic.  There are so many good personal websites out there, some that I use on a daily basis; it is like trying to choose a favorite flavor of chocolate cake!  For the purpose of this prompt I would like to highlight Lynn Palmero’s site, The Armchair Genealogist. 

Her main goal is to help people find their family history on the internet by giving you the tools you need to research and then write about them.  Last spring I participated in her family history writing challenge and even though I didn’t complete what I set out to write, I learned so much about my own writing style.  She opened the door a bit more for me to really begin to investigate my future as a “real” writer. 

Lynn has many tabs on her page to help you find your way and broaden yourself in your family history journey.  If you are a beginner, there is a beginner tab to get your started.  Looking for fellow writers to talk to?  Check out her forum for family history writers.  Her blog is always informative, up to date, educational, and at times good fun to read. 

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment