Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Software Release


For the past few weeks I have been assisting with the Beta testing of a new software program called Evidentia.  Some of you may have heard of it, if you haven’t, well, let me tell you about it. 

Evidentia is a program created by ed4becky, LLC and was released 17 December 2012 (yep that was yesterday).  They pride themselves in being a “Source Centric genealogy tool.”  Instead of looking at the person Evidentia looks at the source and the information it contains.  With this program you collect, in one place, all the pieces of evidence a single source holds. 

Once you have your sources and evidence, or assumptions, entered into the program Evidentia will create several different reports where you will see where the holes are, what flaws there may be in your logic, and lead you to figure out what else you need to research.  It will also give you a Genealogical Proof Report analyzing all the assumptions you have made about a specific fact, for instance your grandfathers birth date.  The Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS), as you may know, are the guidelines genealogists use to give credibility to their findings.  Following the 5 steps to the GPS will give your research the proof needed to feel confident in your findings, and Evidentia helps you with that. 

To help you along with the process of learning the software you can watch six videos available on YouTube. Within an hour I had several case studies up and running showing me how valid my proofs were and where I needed further work in my research.  Most important, this software is designed to enhance whatever program you currently use for genealogical research, not replace it.  Evidentia is available for Mac (OSX 10.7+) and PC (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8) and best of all you can download a free 30 day trial before you purchase.  Also, for a limited time you can purchase Evidentia for $19.99 instead of $24.99.  In my opinion it is reasonably priced for software of this type.

So check it out, I don't think you will be dissapointed! I love my copy so much I became an affiliate.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment