Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Week 46 of Abundant Genealogy

Week 46: Large Genealogy Vendors. Which big genealogy vendor is your favorite one to see at conferences? What does this vendor offer the genealogy community? Why do you like visiting this vendor in the exhibit hall?

Once again, my lack of attendance at large conferences will be seen in this post.  That being said, I would like to comment on a couple of companies I saw at the NARA Genealogy Fair this past spring.  The only booth there selling items was the NARA shop, but I still learned a lot from the other groups, institutions, and organizations that were in attendance.  It was wonderful to interact with people from varied backgrounds; they made the day more fun and exciting. 

FamilySearch and Ancestry both had large booths.  They also had terminals set-up walking people through online searches at their sites and giving guidance on how to use them.  Ancestry also had a table set-up to discuss their DNA testing that was getting ready to go to BETA.  I, of course, talked their ear off with questions on that one.

Maybe if my plans to attend a conference next year pan out I will be able to tell you more about what vendors out there are really cool.

Let me know who you think is a good vendor so I can go and check them out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment