Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, April 20, 2012

Week 16 of Abundant Genealogy

Week 16: Tech Toys: Genealogists love their technology toys! Which tech gadget do you appreciate the most? How has this tool enhanced your family history experience? Would you recommend it to others?

Hands down my favorite tech gadget is my iPad.  I love it!   It has made research, learning, writing, and keeping up with everything in the field so much easier.  Yes, my laptop can do the same thing, however the iPad is lighter and more compact for quick trips.  My laptop stays at home for my "serious" work and writing endeavors now. 

The apps that I use for family history make it so easy to sit and work anywhere (that I have a connection as I don't have built in wi-fi) on all sorts of family history projects.  I can read class notes, read/write blogs, take notes at the library, look at my family tree on Ancestry... you name it so far I can do it!

Would I recommend this to my friends?  Sure would!  If you can budget a tablet you should try to get one.  It will make your family history research experience a pleasant, and lighter, one.



*Image:  Mike Licht, NotionsCapital.com's photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment