Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Letter From Charles Greeley 1915



Letter from Charles "Chas" H. Greely
to Frances Maude Greeley Crabb
Owned by my mother-in-law


May 17, 1915
Ridgefield, Washington

Dear Maude

I am enclosing check for five hundred dollars and I will try and give you another five hundred next year I trust you will give mother the credit for this as she intended to leave you that amount and I am following out her wishes.
I am selling ford autos this year I have sold twenty so far and think I will sell at least ten more this summer.
Our crops look good I have planted 30 acres of potatoes and will plant ten more.
Tell john I took his dad for his first auto ride the other day and he seemed to enjoy himself.
We cleared up about nine acres down below this spring we are going to plow it year and put it in peas.
Krieger sold his place to another Dutchman, and has gone to Portland to live.
Walter Moffett is working for me now I use him a lot to teach people run their autos.
Sam Zim had bought a strip of land from McDonalds and built a bridge across the creek and has a road out to the church now.
Lettie and the kids are all well.  Dorothy will go to school next year. They put me in for School director this year, so I guess my troubles have begun.
Ask John if he will ask Begue what he intends to do about the mortgage Mary holds against his property at Raymond We have written him several times but he never answered our letter.
They are spending $15000 between Crabs corner and Ridgefield this year, putting the road on grade and crushing it and rolling it with a steam roller.
They are about to let the contract for the grading and Macadamising(?) the road from Salmon Creek to Crabbs Corner which will cost about $60000.
I trust you crops will be big and you health good and all the rest of the good thing in the world may come your way.

Your brother.
Charly

No comments:

Post a Comment