Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, March 2, 2012

WDYTYA Reba and the Brassfields

I saw this clip the other day while reading up on tonight's episode of Who Do You Think You Are? and got very excited.  You see, I have Brassfields in my family who are also from this area of North Carolina.  It will be interesting to see if there are any names, or places, in common!

My nearest ancestor with the Brassfield name is my 4th great grandmother, Abigail Reavis Brassfield.  She was born 13 August, 1806 in Surry County North Carolina and died 16 May, 1859 in Monroe County, Indiana.  Her father, Jesse Brassfield (1778-1826) and her grandfather John Brassfield (1732-1778) were born in Wake County, North Carolina.  Where, it is revealed in the clip above, Reba's Brassfield line is from. 

Here is a lineage for my Brassfield line.  Please note: I have not personally verified the sources, and I am waiting for correspondence from the author on his research.  Fingers crossed for another cousin connection.


*Image from wikimedia: Allison DeMarcus interviews Reba McEntire at the Academy of Country Music 2010.  Allison DeMarcus interviews Reba McEntire

No comments:

Post a Comment