Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, March 2, 2012

New Post at Family Tree Firsts

My next post at FTF Blog is up!  You can go check it out here.

It is a synopsis of the work and classes I took back in January.  I have to say, those classes were well worth it.  Little did I know exactly how much I would learn.  Almost too much information at one point, so I have a feeling I will be revisiting those notes and articles frequently.

I have actually put a few feelers out this past week in regards to locating Mary Jane Hayden's family bible.  Even had an email from a distant cousin who found my old tree over on Ancestry.com.  She is descended through a daughter of James and Mary Jane Combs, who moved to Illinois in the 1880s.  We are both tracing lines and are looking forward to working together.

*Image: Given to me by Cousin Debby, Mary Jane Hayden and her youngest child, Mary Cordelia, in the mid-1870s. (Cordelia was born in 1871)

No comments:

Post a Comment