Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Feraless Females: Best Friends

Do you remember your mother’s best friend? Your grandmother’s? How and where did they meet? How long were they friends? What activities did they share?

Oh goodness, that is a tough questions.  I know my mother had a very close friend in high school.  They were in all the same extracurricular activities, and as my mother put it "social outcasts."  Meaning they were too smart and therefore not popular or in the boys opinions very pretty.  They lost track of each other by the time my mom went to medical school and moved away from her home town.  Her mom had many friends who where fellow officer's wives, and I know she corresponded with several of them until the day she died.

The most intriguing one is my father's mother, I never recalled her having a very close friend.  Many acquaintances, but no one ever very close to her.  That is until I found an unnamed picture in a shoe box a few years ago.  There she is as a teenager, with another girl, and written on the back is "friends forever" barely visible in pencil.  I wonder who she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment