Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fearless Females: Shining Star

Shining star: Did you have a female ancestor who had a special talent? Artist, singer, actress, athlete, seamstress, or other? Describe.

mom in the back of her
transport, Iraq abt 2003
On both sides of my family there are talented woman artists.  My grandmother excelled at water colors of landscapes as well as experimenting in oil painting.  Several of her landscapes are hanging on the walls of my parents house.  Grandma and I would sit during my summer visits and paint for hours.  She tried desperately to teach me how to make those fantastic landscapes and create still lives.  I was not patient enough to put it mildly.

Then there is my mother, the surgeon, which is an amazing talent to excel at.  She has another skill to, art.  Mom has created amazing pencil and charcoal images over the years.  She is so meticulous and detailed that she even illustrated her own articles that were published in medical journals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment