Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, March 5, 2012

Fearless Females: How They Met

How did they meet? You’ve documented marriages, now, go back a bit. Do you know the story of how your parents met? Your grandparents?

My mom and dad 1975
There is a large age gap between my parents.  17 years in fact; yep, an entire generation.  The first time they met, my father was filling in as the coach for her softball team.  From the way he tells it she had a cute crush on him, since she was only 16, and having had this thing happen before, he was more than able to give her the brush off without hurting too many feelings.  My mom, however, is very persistent.
At one point to get his attention she jumped off the top of a set of bleachers onto him knocking him into a mud puddle.  My grandmother once said “I was shocked! There was this girl, who came flying out of nowhere and landed on him.  Then went to wrastlin’ him in the mud.  It just wasn’t right!”

Eventually dad told her she was nice kid, but this just wasn’t okay.  “Why don’t you look me up when you are 18?”  Guess who showed up on his doorstep on her 18th birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment