Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, December 9, 2011

Arvin Family Slides

My goal for this afternoon was to clean my bedroom closet.  I was tired of living out of laundry baskets at the foot of the bed.  Frankly my husband is about ready to kill me as he sits every morning on the floor trying to find a pair of dress socks in the sock basket.  I figured I could make good headway, but most likely not get it all done today…then I found the box.

The box has been sitting in my closet (in 2 states now) for about 10 years.  I knew it had slides in it but didn’t really pay much attention.  Today, the box opened up and spilled a drawer of slides into my lap while I was moving it.  As I picked them up I looked at them through the light.  WOW!!!  These were color slides of what looks like my grandparents duty stations in Alaska and Colorado.  There were even family hiking/camping trips in amazingly good condition.

Now I need to find a way to view them, or possibly even have them converted to digital.  I bet my mom and her brothers would love to these again.
And now....I go back to the cleaning.
*Image from Easy Vectors

No comments:

Post a Comment