Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Yes, I am still alive and here are the updates

 You know, I should stop making promises that I cannot keep. I have been writing, but it is for school and not here. Sigh, I really do miss you all and I have so many ideas that I would love to blog more about. Finding the time seems to be the real problem. Especially when I do have any downtime (per se) I want to relax like the snowman in this picture. Hot chocolate (with a kick), take me away!

So let me do a few updates.


Many of you know that my father lives with me. Officially, I am his primary care-giver. Family always comes first in my life, and he has had some health struggles over the past year. This cuts into a lot of my free time (I have kids at home too) for fun things like blogging. If you have ever been in this situation you know what I mean. But, we take it one day at a time and I do the best I can.

I am back in school. Working on my Ph.D. while in a pandemic has a few interesting problems. First, everything must be researched online. Thankfully archives and libraries are very understanding. More than one has sent me the material digitally I needed seeing I cannot get into repositories right now. I am also supposed to travel to Strathclyde every so often, but when the country will not let anyone fly in that is not going to happen. 

The worst part of 2020 was so many of my in-person lectures canceling. Understandable, but I wished many of them would have moved to virtual learning quicker. However, once again the pandemic has forced groups and people into technology that they were dragging their heels on. Nothing like money to make you move faster! Thankfully 2021 is picking up so I will "see" you all online more.

In case you did not know, this week is RootsTech Connect virtual conference. I am presenting five lectures, and there are hundreds of videos to choose from. Registration for the event gives you access to all of the videos for one year!! 

Oh, and an apology. It seems I am a dunce and had over 500 comments that were un-checked in my blogger account. While 80% were spam, there were some comments in there dating back 3 years! I have started to reply to them. However, if you all need me in a timely manner please feel free to email me through the website. 

Alright, updates are done. Off to get some work done!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to your RootsTechConnect talks! TY for the update.

    ReplyDelete