Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday, January 7, 2017

One month and counting to RootsTech

Well, RootsTech is just around the corner! Hard to believe that I will be on way to Salt Lake City is just under a month.  Better yet, my dad is coming with me.  It is going to be an adventure in so many ways.

Even if you are not attending in person, remember that many parts of the conference will be live streamed.  No need to feel completely left out from the inspirational keynotes and many of the lectures.  The only difference is that you get to watch them from the comfort of your own home.

I am getting my research list together for the library.  It will be the first time my dad has ever been, and he is looking forward to helping me with our family research.  How much you want to bet he will want to use the old fashioned microfilm readers and not the new digital ones?!

This year’s semifinalist for the Innovator Showdown look out of this world.   You can see a full list here.  I do not envy the judges because they have their work cut out for them.  It will be exciting I am sure and I can’t wait to see them give their pitches in person.

Of course my big news is that I will be teaching a lab course this year.  I am very excited to show people how to create pictures and videos using Adobe Spark.  It is going to be fun, education, and well…fun!


Ok, I am back off for a bit.  Lots of stuff to get ready for!  Look out for more information on RootsTech as the month goes on.  Plus, live updates here, on Twitter, and on my Facebook page while I am in Salt Lake City.  Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment