FINDMYPAST GRANT FOUR DAYS OF FREE ACCESS TO ALL MILITARY RECORDS FOR VETERANS DAY 2016
· Findmypast makes entire collection of more than 70 million world military records free for four days
· All UK, Irish, Australian, Canadian and US military records free from the 10th to the 13th November 2016
· Includes free access to over 43 million US and Canada military records
From 04:00 EST, 10th November until 18:59 GMT, 13th November 2016, all 70 million records within Findmypast’s “Military, Armed Forces and Conflict” category will be completely free to search and explore, providing family historians from around the globe the opportunity to uncover the stories of the military heroes within their own family.
This will include free access to;
· Over 43 million US and Canada military records
· Over 1.3 million United States Army enlistment records
· Over 1.1 million United States Civil War Pension File Index records
· Over 89,000 Revolutionary War Pensions
· Millions of Civil War soldiers, sailors, veterans and medal records.
· Millions of records covering US forces in Korea, Vietnam and WW2
· Over 26.4 million British military Records including the most comprehensive collection of British Army service records both for WW1 and pre WW1 - these multiple page documents were released in partnership with The National Archives and are packed with fascinating biographical details such as the names and addresses of next of kin, physical descriptions and character references from commanding officers
· The most comprehensive British Royal Nave and Royal Air Force collections available online
· Over 2.6 million POW records in our exclusive Prisoners of War 1715-1945 collection.
· Over 1.1 million WW2 casualty records
· Soldiers Died In The Great War 1914-1919 records
· Over 1.5 million medal index cards, memorial rolls and roll of honour records
· Military tribunal records - the records of thousands of men who attempted to avoid conscription
· Military Nurses 1856-1994 records
Free Live Webinar
On Friday November 11th at 11:00 EST, Findmypast will be hosting a free Remembrance Day Webinar presented by in-house military expert, Paul Nixon. In “Unpicking the past: revealing secrets in old military photographs”, Mr Nixon will demonstrate how anyone can turn detective using old military photographs, military records and historic newspapers to uncover clues which in turn open up further avenues of research.
Learn more at: http://www.findmypast.com/military-records
Findmypast (previously DC Thomson Family History) is a British-owned world leader in online family history. It has an unrivalled record of online innovation in the field and 18 million registered users across its family of online brands, which includes Lives of the First World War, The British Newspaper Archive and Genes Reunited, amongst others.
Its lead brand, also called Findmypast, is a searchable online archive of over two billion family history records, ranging from parish records and censuses to migration records, military collections, historical newspapers and lots more. For members around the world, the site is a crucial resource for building family trees and conducting detailed historical research.
In April 2003, Findmypast was the first online genealogy site to provide access to the complete birth, marriage, and death indexes for England & Wales, winning the Queen’s Award for Innovation. Since that time, the company has digitised records from across the globe, including major collections from Britain, Ireland, Australia, and the United States.