Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Do You Collect The Stories of Your Female Ancestors?


This month I wrote a post for America's Footprints commemorating March as Women's History Month.    I talk about how we should honor and remember all of our ancestors no matter how big, or small, their deeds.

Here is a small snippet from the post:

My mom is an amazing woman. My grandmothers lived through so much. The women in my family, well, they amaze me. 
March is National Women's History Month and I always try to research a woman ancestor who I know little about. Everyone has a story to tell, but many times it is the women who get overlooked in our histories. Yes, they are at times harder to research, but does that make them less? 
Not in my book. 
Some of my favorite stories growing up were told to me by my grandmothers about the strong women in their family. Now, I say strong, but I honestly do not think if they were alive today they would say that. To them the women they descended from did what they had to survive, they did not do anything out of the ordinary, but to me they did oh so much.

If that hooked you, Click here to read the rest of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment