On September 22nd Carolina Girl Genealogy nominated this blog for the "One Lovely Blog Award." I was surprised by the shout out and humbled too. Thanks Cheri! It means a lot that a fellow blogger and reader not only appreciates but likes what I do.
Of course, an award like this, which is meant to be passed on, comes with some rules.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to that blog
2. Share Seven things about yourself
3. Nominate 15 bloggers you admire (or as many as you can think of!)
Since I already thanked Cheri, here it goes with 7 things about me. Hope you learn something new, and if not, at least you get a giggle with my honesty!
- I am actually very shy and struggle on a daily basis to put myself out there. Many people find this hard to believe since I tend to be bubbly, loud, funny, engaging...gosh what other words have been used to describe me. Well, that all takes work, and I have to be in the mood. I am not completely an extrovert but I am not an introvert either, some people call that an ambivert. The jury is still out on what that means.
- I love cats, but my nose doesn't! Yep, I'm allergic. The way I found out? When my last cat died and the house was cat free for the first time in years I realized that I could breathe. I mean really breathe! My eyes didn't water and itch all the time and I had clear sinuses! Now I get very controlled kitty fixes from my friend’s cats and I wash my hands very promptly and don't let them in my face.
- I am a sci-fi addict. My dad hooked me in 9th grade with Anne McCaffery's The Dragonriders of Pern series. Until then I mostly read historical fiction (a type of fantasy I guess) or books similar to the Judy Bloom genre. It was the first book recommendation I took up from my parents. Usually I rolled my eyes and ignored them, so I am not sure what made me take it. It could have been the big white dragon on the front.
- My favorite color is blue. I would dress head to toe in it every day if that were possible! Not that it isn’t possible, but I don’t want to be known as the blue lady.
- I have a bucket list of places I want to see before I die. Besides ancestral villages and most of the typical European places I have a slew of sites I want to see in Asia. Oh, plus Australia and New Zealand. Hubby and I would really like to go there one day.
- My absolute favorite flower is Lilly of the Valley. I, however, cannot get them to grow and have to live by looking at other people’s gardens and pictures. The house we rented in college had a row of these flowers planted against the side yard fence. I loved watching them pop up, grow, and then produces those delicate little white fragrant bells.
- While I may be a perfectionist and tend to the OCD side with my work, my house is a wreck. I never really learned to clean. Well, beyond the pile and stack method. Woe to those who mess with my piles! Cleaning is one of those things I have to be in the mood to do. That mood is usually anger or frustration and when it hits I am like the Tasmanian Devil around the house cleaning in a big whirlwind of activity!
Now it is my turn to share with you those I think have an amazing blog. Some of these blogs I am sure you will recognize. If you don't know these talented bloggers though, I hope you take the time to get to know them!