Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Are you still there??

I am here, I am alive, and I am still chugging along.  Just wanted to stop by and say “Don’t leave me, I will be back!”
 
In my queue of blog posts that are in progress, and some that just need editing, are quite the variety of posts.  There will be more “Book of Me” posts, thoughts on school, tombstone goodies, family trips, and things like that.  I just have to get through the weekend, and then I promise to schedule a ton of goodies for you all to read.

The Boston University program, and preparing 3 lectures for the month of October, has stolen my free time away.  One of those lectures is for Family Tree on Virginia Records.  I would love to know if you will be attending my first webinar with them.  Friendly faces in the “crowd” would be a welcome thought.  You can check out more on the presentation at their website.

Last week I added up the hours I worked on the class during the first month. For the program I am averaging 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, or 25 hours in classwork, homework, and reading a week.  Only 5 days since I need to have a couple days scheduled off for family time and other scheduled activities.  Weekends are last resort work times I decided when I started the program.  Even though it is only three months I cannot cut out my family, moms just aren't really allowed to.  Particularly the ones that work from home.  I am pleased with my overall performance in the class, but I will admit getting back into the swing of things more than a decade after leaving college took a bit.  The perfectionist in me tends to make things a bit more difficult, and on occasion I over think things too leading to interesting commentary.  I am determined to pull an A in the class.
  
Just a few short months and then I will be back to where I should be, and not with my head stuck in a book or staring at a computer screen for hours and hours. No, wait, that’s not right.  I think I was doing that already anyway.  Oh well, so much for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment