Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

IDG Post: Tech blog, twitter and genealogy

Social media has changed the face of the world we live in. Pictures, videos, and instant access to our friends and families thoughts have all made staying in touch a bit easier.  It is scary at times how easy information is passed on, but before you dismiss this new part of life as we know it, let me tell you an easy way that you can embrace a small part of the social media trend for your research.  Have you ever thought about what you can do in 140 characters or less?
Before you dismiss it, and think that Twitter is something those young kids do, I want to tell you how it really is a wonderful networking tool anyone can take advantage of.  Oh, and I promise to let you in on the important lingo too...
At this point, if you are not already using Twitter, I am sure you are asking “how could this benefit me?”  This is a legitimate question, one that I asked myself for years before I created my twitter account a few months ago.  Who in the world would really care what I had to say?  I truly didn’t understand that it is not just about you, the user, but it is a huge networking opportunity and community is what it is all about.
...
You can read the rest of this post at the IDG Tech Blog!  Hope to see you over there...

No comments:

Post a Comment