Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, November 26, 2012

Week 48 of Abundant Genealogy

Week 48: Genealogy Society Member. Genealogy society members are a vital part of the family history community. We’ve made many acquaintances this way and we all benefit from their friendship, support and expertise. Share with us a genealogy society member that has left a memorable impression on you.

I have not met a person at a meeting, yet, who has not left a favorable impression on me.  Everyone has been friendly, warm, welcoming, and genuinely happy to see someone new.  In my experience, not all organizations are like this.  Too often in the past I have been left in the cold and made to feel like an outsider at a groups meeting.  Thankfully, like I said, not at a genealogy meeting.

To pick one person would be so hard.  Everyone I have become friends with has helped, guided, and encouraged me in my endeavors.  I have learned a lot from them, and I hope that I have possibly taught them something in exchange.  The level of enthusiasm from these women and men is contagious and I always leave meetings feeling re-energized and rearing to go again.

Lesson for the day:  If you haven’t joined a local society then run, don’t walk, to your nearest one and sign the membership form.  You won’t be disappointed! 

photo credit: rickz via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment