Search This Blog

Translate

Friday, September 7, 2012

Week 36 of Abundant Genealogy

Week #36 – Ancestor Photos Week 36: Ancestor Photos. For which ancestral photograph are you most grateful? Who is in the photo and how did you acquire it? Why does the photo hold a special place in your heart?


An amateur photographerAgain, this one was hard.  I thought all week.  Which one of the few photos that I have am I most grateful for?  Still, on Friday, here I sit unable to make a decision.  Why?  Well, because I am thankful for anything and everything I get.  There have been too many family heirlooms lost to fire, destruction, and time not to be happy that I have the few (even if they are copies) in my possession.

Not only because they are family, in most cases people I never met, but because as a visual person I am now able to put a face with a name. I can imagine and dream what they may have looked like, but lets be honest, probate and census records don't lend a hand in the description department. 

Image from the Library of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment