Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, May 14, 2012

What do you mean scroll down the page??

In case any of you were wondering, I am still very new to this whole genealogy thing.  Case in point: did you know that you can search for documents by state and county at Ancestry.com?  Neither did I until yesterday.  You know why I never noticed it?  I never scrolled down to see what was below the search box when I went to "search all records."  Duh, I feel quite dumb.

Someone has probably mentioned this to me at one point in time.  Either a friend, or in a class, or I read it somewhere.  Did it stick?  Apparently not!

Now I have a whole bunch of stuff to look through and see what I can find.  First thing of major importance I found:  the name to my 5th great grandfather connecting him to the family in Indiana.  This is the first recording I have that states who he is and how he is related to the family.  Before now it has just been speculation.  Wahoo!


There are a few mistakes.  Harry Arvin, should be Henry Arvin.  They got his mother Theresa Montgomery correct.  The correct places of birth for all of them.  His grandfather should be Edward not Edwin.  His wife is correct.  Not bad?  Or is this not enough proof?


Image/Source Information: Ancestry.com. History of Knox and Daviess Counties, Indiana : from the earliest time to the present, with biographical sketches, reminiscence [database on-line]. Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005.
Original data: History of Knox and Daviess Counties, Indiana : from the earliest time to the present, with biographical sketches, reminiscences, notes, etc., together with an extended history of the colonial days of Vincennes, and its progress down to the formation of the state government.. Chicago: Goodspeed Pub. Co., 1886.

No comments:

Post a Comment