Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, April 2, 2012

Must see sight for Cape Cod online research

Last week I stumbled on a site that I want to share with everyone.  If you are looking into ancestors from the Cape Cod area, you need to go and check this one out.  It is The Cape Cod History and Genealogy page.  The site owner is the process of moving old files to this new site. I would check back often as he adds more and does updates.

Things you can find are:
  • Surname list
  • Photographs of people and places
  • Brickwall people and mystery photographs
  • List of sources
  • Statistics on individuals in the database
  • Listing of dates and anniversaries (if you go out today you will find everything that happened on this date in the database on the main dates page!)
  • Listing of places
I have not fully explored this site, but I will be.  Hope you all have a good ancestor hunt!

*Image from the Library of Congress: Moonlight view of ocean, at Cape Cod, Mass., in winter, 1875

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this information! My husband's family is from Cape Cod and I'll have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! I was very excited when I found it and can't wait to really search it. The creator has done a lot of work on the site, so spread the word!

    ReplyDelete