Search This Blog

Translate

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week 17 of abundant genealogy

Front CoverWeek 17: How-To Book: For which genealogy how-to book are you most thankful? Who wrote the book and why does it stand out in your eyes? Is the book currently available? How can other genealogists benefit from its content?

One of the very first books I picked up when I started delving into family history was How to do Everything: Genealogy Second Edition by George G. Morgan.  It became my personal manual into how to navigate the new waters of the genealogical community.  The book beings simple and builds on each chapter as you work your way into more complicated and intricate areas of research.  As a new person to this field it was extremely helpful, but I am sure even a seasoned pro could learn a trick or two from this book.  If not, having one on hand to show a newbie could be a good thing.  It is available from all major booksellers as far as I can tell.

2 comments:

  1. Good choice! It's one of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a wonderful guide and resourse. Especially since my friends and family now think I am an expert. 1 1/2 years does not make me an expert, but at least I have a good book to turn to when I need help!

    ReplyDelete