Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

29 Days of Family History

The Armchair Genealogist has a new challenge out "Write Your Family History in 29 Days." During the month of February anyone who wishes to participate is to write each day about your family history. By the end of the month you should be well on your way to a good chapter/book/memoir of your history.

This is a great idea. Many people will take the time to write about themselves and their lives, I hope, while the memories are still fresh. Maybe I can get my parents and in-laws to write with me; get their memories down for the grandkids.

I will not be publically practicing what I preach; sorry don't know you all well enough to write personal details about my past. On this blog I will dedicate one post each day to the objective, but I am not sure yet what the subject for the month will be. If it turns out great, maybe I will do it again the next month.

All right, opinions, what should I write about? Here are some ideas floating around in my head:
·        A main surname:  Arvin, Combs, Bennett, Mills
·        A history of a place an ancestor was from (in the US or Europe)
·        Migration pattern of a family from the east coast to the west coast
·        Military service record (pick a US conflict I bet one of us has a relative that served.)

I have 2 weeks to get a good plan together before the first writing session.  Plenty of time right??
photo credit: Olivander via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment